Friday, October 13, 2006

The plan

The plan for this blog is to post short stories that I am working on. The first one to go up is the first chapter of the work-in-progress novel from of The Divine Adventures of Drew and Eric. Normally, I am quite a "grammar Nazi." However, in this first chapter, one may notice that I often switch tenses. This is semi-intentional. I wrote, and will contiune to attempt to write, Divine Adventures straight on instinct. Normally, I naturally keep a consistent tense. The only logical thing is that the shifting tenses are natural for this story, or at least this part of it. I've always felt that authors should be encouraged to find their own style, even if it pushes the bounds of traditional grammar. However, that does have its limits, which is a whole other story.
-The Drewcifer

Everything published on this site is Copyright Andrew Blatt and
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
Creative Commons License

No comments: